Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Kudos to Senator Ron Brown

As a former Police Chief and former Chair of the Board of Directors for our local Sexual Assault and Domestic Abuse Agency, I have long been in favor of updating the mandatory arrest law as there are a number of unintended consequences with how the law was initially written. I, myself, tried several years ago to get legislators to make some changes, but ran into a brick wall even mentioning that I thought some things needed to be tweaked.

Sen. Ron Brown and several others worked in a bi-partisan fashion on AB-436 which was passed and signed into law! Ron, I am sure that victims and law enforcement all over the state must be thanking you for again putting partisanship aside and working with all concerned on this important new law.

See also: Protections strengthened for domestic abuse victims

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home